Multimodal Summit 2018
2018 Multimodal and Transit Summit
The Transport Hartford Academy is working with the CT Chapter of the American Planning Association and the CT Department of Transportation to plan a November 19th, Multimodal and Transit Summit. The Summit is co-hosted by UConn and several participating UConn departments. This summit includes topics for both transportation and development professionals, combined with an evening program for residents, citizen advocates, and intersectional topics. Planners will be able to receive professional CM credits for attending.
The summit includes an exciting keynote luncheon and the evening social mixer with individual registration and many of the sponsorship levels. Food and camaraderie is the cornerstone of any successful community event.
Contact Laura Suroviak or Tony Cherolis (or call 860-247-3227) if you have any questions or suggestions for the Summit.
Summit Sessions and Topics
The Summit will have topics that span the interests of everyone living or working in the Metro Hartford region and beyond. We gathered topic suggestions and votes for six months and here is the current list of planned breakout sessions:
- CT Transportation Strategy – revenue and funding for CT transportation projects
- New technology and impacts on transportation – docked / dockless bike share, ride sharing, autonomous vehicles
- Protected / Separated Bike Lanes
- Health, Safety, and Quality of Life – Crashes, Vision Zero, Public Safety, Traffic Enforcement
- Tactical urbanism and low-cost infrastructure changes/ interventions
- Impact of I-84 reconstruction on transit and commuter rail
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD) – First mile / last mile complete streets, redeveloping parking craters, TOD in town centers
- Community involvement (outreach) and community activism (advocacy)
- Equity and access – Diversity in transportation planning and advocacy
- Commuter Rail and Light Rail
- CTfastrak (Bus Rapid Transit) / Bus Transit improvements and jobs access
- Presenters can also suggest additional topics – Apply to Present ASAP
Schedule and Agenda
The sessions and workshops will be updated with details in September and October.
- 11:00 am – Registration and Check-in Opens at Infinity Music Hall, Front Street
- 11:30 am – Buffet Lunch Begins
- 12:00 pm – Seated program and Keynote Speaker / Panel
- 1:30 pm – Afternoon sessions begin at UConn Hartford campus
- 4:30 pm – Mixer, Networking, and Expo in the UConn Hartford Atrium
- 6:00 pm – Evening Community Conversations and Workshops at the UConn Hartford Campus
- 8:00 pm – Happy Hour after the Summit at Republic
Sponsors and Summit Supporters
Pay It Forward – Community Sponsors